Like and share me on Facebook

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Weekend almost over, bought some stuff at Närcon Gävle

Yours truly trying hats...
So as mentioned before, Närcon's first convention in Gävle (where I live close by) and before hand I new that this might be in a smaller scale than other conventions. I liked it though, and I am sure that Närcon wish to continue to have this event in Gävle annually. I sure hope so, and it sure has potential to grow bigger. The estimate for the weekend was 1000 visitors and I think that is pretty good for a first time.

Unfortunately the master cosplay contest was cancelled due to last minute drop outs. Too bad, I had been looking forward to this.

Well, myself and my girlfriend did go through the vendors quite a few times. We are both suckers for collectibles and the basic nerd stuff. I got an ear infection Friday night so I wasn't really in shape for the long run so we browsed through the convention a couple of hours on Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon. That satisfied me enough.



Point outs of Närcon Gävle 2016

  • There was a vaste number of Pokémon GO stuff available among the vendors (No shit?)
  • There was a German guy selling exclusive collectible figures, oh my god the prices!
  •  A Polish guy had the best merch in form of variety, anything from coasters to pillows.
  • Anime prints seemed to be the best seller this weekend(I think someone bought nine of them).

We also got some Japanese candy. More on that another day...

Later, awesome nerds!

No comments:

Post a Comment