Like and share me on Facebook

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Movies I need to see 2016

There are a bunch of great movies coming up for 2016 that I'm looking forward to see. This is my "must see" list.

Steve Jobs

January 22nd


I thought the film about the same topic with Asthon Kutcher was a little....meh. Looking forward to this one for the simple fact that two of my favourite actors is in it - Seth Rogen and Kate Winslet. Michael Fassbender portray Jobs himself. Directed by Danny Boyle.
See the trailer here.

The Jungle Book

April 14th

This is looking cool. I grew up with the cartoon version since it aired on Swedish TV every christmas. With Neeli Sethi, Bill Murray, Scarlett Johansson and Ben Kingsley.
See the trailer here.

X-Men: The Apocalypse

May 27th

I really like the X-men franchise. No question about it. Can't wait for this and I really like James McAvoy as an actor. With Michael Fassbender, Oscar Isaac, Jennifer Lawrence. Directed by Bryan Singer.
See the trailer here.

Warcraft

May 27th

This movie is what I know based on the early Warcraft games and the conflict between humans and orcs. I did play some of these games when I was younger. I have also played World of Warcraft extensively over the past 10 years, but not lately. Love the games though and this movie I am looking forward to. Success or not? Time will tell. With Travis Fimmel, Paula Patton, Ben Foster and Dominic Cooper. Directed by Duncan Jones.
See trailer here.

TMNT 2: Out of the Shadows

 June 3rd

The first movie I had some issues with story-wise but I still want to see the sequel just for the fact that we have come to a point where the movie technology made it possible to make films like this look good. First one did look good, but the script left things to be wanted. Hope this one has a better story. With Brian Tee, Megan Fox, Stephen Amell, Johnny Knoxville. Directed by Dave Green.
See trailer here.

Independence Day 2

June 29th

I loved the first movie and it sure was a big hit. Looking forward to this even though we will not have the pleasure to see Will Smith in his old role. This should be a really good summer movie like the first one. Expect a lot of action and humor. With Vivica A. Fox, Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman. Directed by Roland Emmerich.
See trailer here.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 

December 16th

Well, well. I will not lie to you. This is the movie I am waiting for. The first released photo looks awesome and the feel is "dark". Interesting cast with my fellow Scandinavian Mads Mikkelsen up front. He is a great actor. With Felicity Jones, Alan Tudyk, Ben Mendelsohn. Directed by Gareth Edwards. No trailer out yet and I guess we need to wait for Star Wars Celebration 2016 for an official trailer. Maybe a teaser prior to that.

Assassin's Creed

December 21st

I have played the games at some extent, but I can surely say that I am no great fan of them even though I find them really cool and rather fun to play. The style of the games and the design of outfits is awesome though and I really think this movie is going to be fun to watch. With Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard, Jeremy Irons. Directed by Justin Kurzel.
No trailer released as of today.

What movies do you look forward to the most this year? Please comment below.